About Brakston Grey
Brakston Grey is a division of Alder Koten that focuses on recruiting high potential professionals and managers on a development path for executive positions in North America and Latin America. Our recruiters help clients increase the quality of the candidate pool and reduce their time to hire. Brakston Grey recruiters are uniquely positioned and equipped to help attract and assess top performing talent.
Automotive Industry Plant Manager
Position Location: Monterrey, Nuevo Leon
Position Status: Open
Our client is a global manufacturer of automotive parts with operations in Mexico. Their metal products are sold to automotive OEMs and Tier 1 suppliers.
This position oversees full operational and cost responsibility of the plant. Directs the operation to ensure the attainment of quality, reliability, delivery, safety, and cost goals.
Prerequisites (Experience, Knowledge and Education)
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering is required;
- MBA or MS Manufacturing is desired;
- Bilingual (English/Spanish);
- At least 8 years in operations management role in a Tier 1 or Tier 2 automotive industry supplier;
- Experience in the following manufacturing processes: metal forming, metal stamping, steel forging, die casting, sand casting, or welding operations;
- Expertise in lean manufacturing;
- Strong experience in TMP;
- Proven team builder and culture shaper;
- Proven leadership skills; and
- Willingness to travel inside Mexico and to USA.
- Contributes to the development and execution of people resource strategies according to the organization’s core values: Talent based selection, retention, development, wellness, & training;
- Consistent communication, support, and application of company policy; o Performance management, coaching, & counseling of staff;
- Place emphasis on team’s growth over their own; and
- Communicate expectations, policy, & changes; and o Empower people, ensure they are engaged, and know how their jobs affect their areas and the business.
- Develops, Implements, and sustains lean manufacturing practices.
- Contributes to manufacturing operational strategies by providing information, analysis, and recommendations to peer group & senior management;
- Establishes functional objectives to support organizational objectives.
- Establishes manufacturing operational strategy for value stream by evaluating manufacturing trends; establishing critical measurements; determining production, productivity, quality, and customer-service strategies;
- Develops financial strategy for operations through: o Forecasting of manufacturing requirements for assigned areas;
- Resource allocation and line capacity;
- Measurement and analysis of results;
- Labor, re-work, line production, accident rate, environmental incidents, turnover/retention rate and other KPIs;
- Developing necessary countermeasures;
- Minimizing variances;
- Development of annual profit plan; and
- Monthly and quarterly reporting;
- Ensures conformance to customer requirements per ISO-9001, TS-16949 and ISO 14001 standards.
- Adheres to ISO-9001 and TS-16949 quality standards;
- Audits production output for compliance to customer requirements;
- Analyzes current jobs and implements continuous improvement plans per ISO-9001 and TS-16949 standards to improve quality and productivity; and
- Support EHS and Human Resources sustain a safety first culture.
If you meet the above criteria and have interest in this role, please forward your resume to [email protected] and please include: “Automotive Plant Manager” in the subject line of your email.