About Brakston Grey
Brakston Grey is a division of Alder Koten that focuses on recruiting high potential professionals and managers on a development path for executive positions in North America and Latin America. Our recruiters help clients increase the quality of the candidate pool and reduce their time to hire. Brakston Grey recruiters are uniquely positioned and equipped to help attract and assess top performing talent.
Director of Operations – Mezcal
Position Location: Based in Mexico with trips to Oaxaca, Guerrero, Guanajuato and Durango constantly and for long periods of time.
Position Status: Open
Our client is a leading brand of Mezcal with offices in Mexico City and a global distribution. “A project founded with love”. The brand was founded in 2010 by a group of friends who, after making several trips to different mezcal producing states in the country, developed a deep rooted love for these regions and this magical spirit. They became immersed in a world that surrounded them in traditions, tastes and smells. These experiences inspired them to create a product that encompasses their passion for and devotion to the roots of Mexico.
Our client is looking for a director of operations, with great leadership and the ability to interact with a young and proactive group of people. The ideal candidate is a leader who can coach and teach. The director of operations will lead the operations team with vast knowledge, background, and expertise in this field with specific interest in the process of production, distillation, chemistry and quality control models. The ideal candidate is someone who has the ability to identify strengths and weaknesses in others while hiring and building the group.
Success in the first 90 days will be defined by the ability of the candidate, to understand the key business processes and interact with the other areas in other to achieve operational integration in the company. Candidate should have the ability to lead and manage the current team and resources in the most efficient way. The strategy and execution must be focused on managing the growth of the company with define work plans, milestones, and tasks.
Prerequisites (Experience, Knowledge and Education)
- B.S. Degree; preferably in industrial engineering, manufacturing, mechanical engineering or closely related field;
- 5-10 years of experience in upstream supply chain;
- Skills in implementing projects and change initiatives are required;
- 3-5 years previous supervisory experience in manufacturing environment required.
- Experience in supply chain in wine and spirits, multiple brands, consumer products, drinks;
- Experience in tequila or mezcal production;
- Experience in purchasing and logistics; and
- Bilingual in Spanish and English.
- Head of the S&OP process.
- Guarantee that all elements are in place in order to achieve sourcing, production, delivery, and quality based on customer demand.
- Assure the production and quality of product required to fulfill the fast growing demand, assure the delivery of every order to the client and market in time.
- Oversight of all production projects.
- Monitoring, the procurement and purchasing processes.
- Support the organization with a sustainability first culture.
- Coordinate with the head of the different areas to define if there is any urgent matter to attend in addition to the work plan for the week.
- Ensure adequate production planning and control processes are in place.
- Ensure deliveries and purchases
- Improve current costs and explore new sources of raw material.
- Demonstrates leadership for a sustainable environment.
- Sets the culture for the operating discipline, execution, and management.
- Lead, motivate, and direct employees to achieve sustainability, safety, productivity, quality & cost goals.
- Promoting best practice communication across all areas of the organization.
- Responsible for the performance of the company owned production plants and coordination with independent local producers.
- Ensure adherence to quality control specifications. Directs and assists team in all areas of quality assurance, including compliance to specifications, quality reviews, and product claim resolution. Implements corrective action plans to solve quality problems
- Promotes excellence; establishes projects for continues improvement.
- Administers performance review process of each team member. Develops and recommends team members for promotion- based on demonstrated skills, process improvement, and training of others.
- Develops action plans, in conjunction with employees, for performance improvement. Administers discipline where appropriate.
- Monitors performance and makes recommendations regarding the design of work, staffing levels, and capabilities required to operate the business.
- Directs the team on how to measure and chart safety/ productivity utilizing appropriate business information systems. Holds team members accountable for constant process improvement. Coaches them to higher levels of performance
If you meet the above criteria and have interest in this role, please forward your resume to [email protected] and please include: “Director of Operations – Mezcal” in the subject line of your email.