About Brakston Grey
Brakston Grey is a division of Alder Koten that focuses on recruiting high potential professionals and managers on a development path for executive positions in North America and Latin America. Our recruiters help clients increase the quality of the candidate pool and reduce their time to hire. Brakston Grey recruiters are uniquely positioned and equipped to help attract and assess top performing talent.
Human Resources Manager – Monterrey
Position Location: Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico
Position Status: Open
Our client is a steel mill. The company is currently in the process of installing the equipment and hiring personnel at all levels.
Job Description and Responsibilities
The Human Resources Manager will serve as the key business partner to the members of management, providing advice, counsel and coaching on all matters relating to human capital issues. The Human Resources Manager will also be responsible for exercising considerable judgment and discretion in establishing and maintaining good working relationships with employees and members of management.
Other responsibilities for the Human Resources Manager will include:
- Develops and maintains relationships with all levels of plant personnel to understand the “pulse” of the operation
- Ensures the HR function’s priorities and efforts are customer centric and aligned to the execution of the business strategy
- Ensures the facility is developing and maintaining a robust and sustainable talent pipeline
- Ensures there is a focus to drive culture change focusing on employee engagement to become an employer of choice
- Advise managers on organizational policy matters such as equal employment opportunity and sexual harassment, and recommend needed changes
- Ensures proactive positive employee relations practices to maintain non-union status
- Ensures transactional basics are functioning and delivering effective and efficient services
- Responsible for developing, managing, and enhancing a variety of training and development programs and other programs as assigned
- Provides consultative support to management for the consistent and appropriate application of policies and procedures
- Responsible for maintaining the highest level of integrity, professionalism, fairness, and confidentiality in all aspects of job performance
- The candidate we are looking for will have a minimum of 7-9 years of experience as a Human Resources Manager as well as a Bachelor’s Degree in human resources, organizational development, management or a related field.
- In addition, it is vital that the Human Resources Manager has previous manufacturing industry experience, preferably in a union environment.
Other requirements for the Human Resources Manager include:
- Experience being a true business partner and consultant to the business
- Organized, communicative and be able to maintain confidentiality
If you meet the above criteria and have interest in this role, please forward your resume to [email protected] and please include: “Plant Human Resources Manager” in the subject line of your email.