About Brakston Grey
Brakston Grey is a division of Alder Koten that focuses on recruiting high potential professionals and managers on a development path for executive positions in North America and Latin America. Our recruiters help clients increase the quality of the candidate pool and reduce their time to hire. Brakston Grey recruiters are uniquely positioned and equipped to help attract and assess top performing talent.
Position Location: Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico
Position Status: Open
Our client is a full service equipment design and build organization, primarily serving the automotive manufacturing industry.
The Designer position has the responsibility of designing automated and manual fixtures for Body-In-White applications (Resistance Welding). All fixtures will be developed using 3D solid models with constraints. The designer must be able to create all CAD files to the customer standards including 3D models, layouts, details and bill of materials.
- Able to design clamps, stationary pin units, retractable pin units, slides and dumps
- Requires assistance with compound units
- Able to create 2D dimensioned drawings for manufacturing
- Able to create Bill of Materials (BOM’s) for manufacturing
- Knows tolerances and proper material uses
- Able to read and understand GD&T drawings
- Able to create component buy-off sheets
- Understands and can create Request for Wiring Diagrams (RWD’s)
- Performs basic engineering calculations to verify design integrity
- Must have a working knowledge of the industry safety and ergonomic standards
- Perform all other duties within capabilities, as assigned
- 3+ years’ work related experience
- Experience designing Body-In-White weld fixtures (Resistance Welding)
- Strong CAD ability • Technically competent
- Good quality output • Good productivity level
- Strong analytical and logical problem solving skills
- Can follow written and verbal instructions (Can require some direction)
- Attention to detail
- Ability to communicate with multi levels
- Innovative thinking
- Able to use Catia V5 OR ug to develop 3D models, layouts and details
- Microsoft Office and Windows
- Must have working command of the English language, and be able to effective communicate
If you meet the above criteria and have interest in this role, please forward your resume to email@example.com and please include: “Mechanical Designer – Monterrey” in the subject line of your email.