About Brakston Grey
Brakston Grey is a division of Alder Koten that focuses on recruiting high potential professionals and managers on a development path for executive positions in North America and Latin America. Our recruiters help clients increase the quality of the candidate pool and reduce their time to hire. Brakston Grey recruiters are uniquely positioned and equipped to help attract and assess top performing talent.
Recruiting Devops / Application Engineer
Position Location: Irapuato, Guanajuato
Reports to: General Manager
Our client provides engineered products and components to the food display, preservation, cooking, appliance, and HVAC industries.
Prerequisites: (Experience, Knowledge and Education)
- B.S. Degree; preferably in industrial engineering, manufacturing, mechanical engineering or closely related field.
- 5-10 years manufacturing experience with skills in implementing projects and change initiatives is required.
- 3-5 years previous supervisory experience in manufacturing environment required.
- Wire drawing, painting, or powder coat experience a plus
- Applied knowledge of lean manufacturing practices required
- Skills to utilize statistical process concepts for data analysis, interpretation and the ability to develop and implement action plans based upon the data analysis and interpretation, for continuous process Improvement.
- Project management experience.
- Business computer system skills in programs such as Microsoft Office, Infinity, Cognos, Oracle, BPCS, ADC or warehouse management systems.
- Ability to communicate in concise and clear manner (written, verbal)
- Ability to multi-task, negotiate, and manage projects.
- Bilingual in Spanish and English
Responsibilities (Key tasks)
Under the direction of the General Manager, the Metal Finishing Production Manager is responsible for leading and managing all aspects of production for the metal finishing areas.
Major responsibilities are listed but not necessarily limited to the following duties:
- Demonstrates leadership for a safe working environment.
- Set the culture for the operating discipline, maintenance execution, and Lean management.
- Active leader on the plant staff to continue the shift in culture required to raise PE levels and transform from doing lean to being lean. This requires strategic thinking and tactical execution skills.
- Lead, motivate, and direct area employees to achieve safety, productivity, quality & cost goals
- Promoting best practice communication across all shifts
- Responsible for the condition of assets and performance of the production lines including TPM
- Ensure adherence to quality control specifications. Directs and assists team in all areas of quality assurance, including compliance to specifications, quality reviews, and product claim resolution. Implements corrective action plans to solve quality problems
- Execute setup plan by providing guidance to setup & maintenance personnel to ensure timely & accurate changeovers
- Responsible for initiating/maintaining/monitoring scrap and manufacturing cost control initiatives
- In support of lean manufacturing initiatives, the area manager will help define and revise standard work practices. Drive adherence to standard work to maximize team performance
- Promotes excellence in housekeeping; establishes projects to reduce effort and cost to maintain housekeeping
- Administers performance review process of each team member. Develops and recommends team members for promotion- based on demonstrated skills, process improvement, and training of others.
- Develops action plans, in conjunction with employees, for performance improvement. Administers discipline where appropriate.
- Monitors performance and makes recommendations regarding the design of work, staffing levels, and capabilities required to operate the business.
- Directs the team on how to measure and chart safety/ productivity utilizing appropriate business information systems. Holds team members accountable for constant process improvement. Coaches them to higher levels of performance
If you meet the above criteria and have interest in this role, please forward your resume to [email protected] and please include: “Metal Finishing Production Manager” in the subject line of your email.