About Brakston Grey
Brakston Grey is a division of Alder Koten that focuses on recruiting high potential professionals and managers on a development path for executive positions in North America and Latin America. Our recruiters help clients increase the quality of the candidate pool and reduce their time to hire. Brakston Grey recruiters are uniquely positioned and equipped to help attract and assess top performing talent.
Quality Assurance Manager
Position Location: Reynosa, Tamaulipas
Position Status: Open
Our client is a global manufacturer of metal components with primary customers in the automotive industry.
The Quality Assurance Manager is responsible for evolving a corporate quality assurance system and team that promotes customer satisfaction, positive financial performance, and champions continuous improvement efforts to drive defect reduction initiatives for an effective Quality Management System (QMS). Provide support and analytics to manufacturing to ensure a reduction in the “cost of non-conformance.
Prerequisites (Experience, Knowledge and Education)
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, metallurgy or science.
- Ten (10) years of experience in QA systems implementation and management.
- Five (5) years as a CQE/CQM in a medium-size manufacturing environment.
- Five (5) years of experience in the automotive industry with knowledge of VDA and TS15959.
- Two (2) years of minimum experience in a management/supervisory experience.
- Proficient in computer skills: Email, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Ability to work effectively in self-directed, fast paced entrepreneurial environment.
- Excellent written, verbal communication skills.
- Ability to manage time and communicate clearly with both customers and associates.
- Ability to maintain an upbeat and positive attitude at all times.
- Understand the need to be firm yet professional and fair when dealing with employees.
- Initiates and implements quality improvement activities as appropriate (e.g., Kaizen, DMAIC, Six Sigma, TQM) to raise the performance of the company’s product lines.
- Educates and trains employees as to their impact in the quality management system.
- Develops, manages and integrates a QMS for manufacturing operations.
- Serves as the primary quality control resource for problem identification, resolution, loss reporting and continuous improvement.
- Manages quality control personnel on a day-to-day basis.
- Supports concurrent engineering efforts by participating in design development projects as required, and major bid preparation, representing quality assurance and the customer.
- Designs, implements and documents procedures for process control, process improvement, testing and inspection.
- Establishes and implements metrics (process capability, control charts, measurement quality) for monitoring system effectiveness and to enable managers to make sound product quality decisions.
- Performs root-cause analysis and other problem solving activities to identify effective corrective actions and process improvements.
- Establishes collection and analysis systems of statistical data to predict trends that will affect improvement of product quality.
- Analyzes customers’ product specifications to establish efficient, cost-effective requirements for ease of manufacture and reproducibility.
- Develops quality planning methods for all product lines.
- Develops process certification standards and assists in process certification.
- Monitors vendor performance and establishes criteria and a rating system for critical vendors.
- Reviews customer purchase orders, contracts and change requests and ensures that the necessary criteria and provisions are included in quality and process plans.
- Interacts with customers to identify opportunities to improve quality and establish feedback with manufacturing and development personnel.
- Oversees calibration and testing programs.
- Reports to management on quality issues, trends and losses.
- Reviews suppliers purchase orders and establish supplier quality requirements.
- Manages and participates in internal and external quality audits.
- Interfaces with supplier and customer quality representatives concerning problems with quality control and assure that effective corrective action is implemented.
If you meet the above criteria and have interest in this role, please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and please include: “Automotive Quality Assurance Manager” in the subject line of your email.