About Brakston Grey
Brakston Grey is a division of Alder Koten that focuses on recruiting high potential professionals and managers on a development path for executive positions in North America and Latin America. Our recruiters help clients increase the quality of the candidate pool and reduce their time to hire. Brakston Grey recruiters are uniquely positioned and equipped to help attract and assess top performing talent.
Sr. Project Engineering Manager
Position Location: Buffalo, New York
Position Status: Open
Our client is a global manufacturer and integrator that provides Innovative Manufacturing Solutions:
Progressive, transfer and deep draw metal stamping
Mechanical press sizes from 100 to 1000 tons
Press bed sizes that accommodate dies to 12 feet
Materials: cold rolled, hot rolled, high strength and draw quality steel; aluminum and stainless
Press brake bending and metal fabrication
Single and multi-robot production welding cells
CNC Production Machining and Turning
TS 16949 Certified Quality
Design > Prototype > Tooling > Production > Service
They are a progressive contract manufacturer that has been in business since 1948. Currently in the 3rd generation of family management, our client has prospered through many economic cycles over six decades. They implore continuous improvement not only our in product lifecycles; but also in their manufacturing capabilities, technology, customer relationships, management style and business acumen. Along with the new customers that choose them, several global manufacturers have relied on them as a supplier of choice for many decades.
Prerequisites: (Experience, Knowledge and Education)
- Mechanical Engineering Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent secondary education and/or experience.
- Master’s Degree in Engineering a plus
- Minimum 5 years management experience in a contract manufacturing industry with an understanding of metal stamping processes, tool & die, robotic welding, fabrication, CNC machining and manual/automated assembly processes.
- Complete understanding of Lean Six Sigma concepts and techniques and/or other Continuous Improvement Techniques.
- Strong organizational and communication skills with the ability to track multiple teams and tasks in order to accomplish company directed goals and expectations.
Responsibilities (Key tasks)
- Manage overall customer program requirements, tooling builds and manufacturing process development to support global customer requirements.
- Oversee the development and approval of new project tooling and processes from initial planning thru process flow and on-going production improvements geared around customer requirements, on-time delivery and cost targets.
- Create and maintain a procedure for internal approval of new processes assuring that they are production ready to support customer requirements.
- Develops and works with outside suppliers/resources to ensure satisfaction of requirements, quality and timely completion.
- Communicate with our client’s customers on the progress of all projects by responding to their needs and expectations on a timely basis.
- Implement process driven manufacturing processes utilizing Lean Six Sigma and other Continuous Improvement Techniques.
- Assist in all estimating and quoting functions.
- Implement and maintain tooling design & build standard to support quick die change, die standardization and other tooling improvement efforts.
- Assist, organize and manage the procurement of any necessary Capital as needed by manufacturing or per our client’s capital budget.
- Assist in the support of all needed quality requirements to support TS-16949.
- Hire, train, develop and evaluate staff taking the necessary actions to maintain our client’s company policies and procedures.
- Proficient in project management tools and techniques required to organize and oversee multiple tasks at one time.
- Extensive knowledge of stamping, fabricating, welding, machining and/or other manufacturing processes.
- Excellent communication stills with the ability to respond to customer requests or needs immediately and with confidence.
- Ability to provide professional presentations and reports for internal and external needs as required.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to lead and manage cross-functional teams.
- Understanding of Lean Manufacturing principles required to create and develop proper manufacturing processes.
- Critical thinker, always thinking outside the box and finding ways to get things done rather that reasons things will not work.
- Complete understanding of OSHA and or other needed safety requirements and/or polices.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, MS Project and manufacturing MRP/EPR systems utilized to maintain our client’s business needs
- Work and manage in a customer driven manufacturing environment.
- Flexibility in working hours both evenings and weekends as needed to support current project requirements.
- Willingness to travel to suppliers, customers and/or other manufacturing locations 15-20% (domestic or international)
- Typical work day would be 60% office, 40% meetings/floor
If you meet the above criteria and have interest in this role, please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and please include: “Sr. Project Engineering Manager – Stamping” in the subject line of your email.